Monday, August 29, 2016

Visceral Response

We were in the middle of Lake Mead. Floating and enjoying the last little bit of sun that we had for the day. When I say we, I mean my girlfriend, her parents, and me. When I looked over at the sunset I realized that this was the most ambient sunset that I had ever seen before. The water was as smooth as glass. Every second that I look at it I feel the need to dive in the water and break the crisp glass before something else does. Seeing the sunset reflect off of the glass-like water creates an excellent feeling of texture for me. The slow gradient from light orange to light blue in the sky just makes me want to be creative and take advantage of more of these certain kind of moments. To me this is mother nature's handy design at play. It made me realize that humans tend to design what we see thinking we are original, when all of this was already designed long before us. By who or what I am not sure, but I think it's fair to say there is more beauty in this world than people capturing it. The mountains create a perfect like to stop the sun creating too much sunlight at this particular moment making it seem almost flat. Naturally, there is an even amount of space at the top and bottom of the picture, making the subject of matter the sun. All of these somehow come together and give me an ambient, like said previously.It also made me feel very relaxed due to the calm water colors in the sky. Now you may not have same the same reaction to this as me, but that is sort of why its so cool and unique. No one is going to have the same reaction to something most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment